If you are planning a New Year’s party, here’s a few safety tips to keep in mind. Although they may seem obvious, statistics suggest far too many get ignored.
- If drinkers have not prearranged a designated driver, provide one. Or call a cab.
- Remind guests to monitor their alcohol intake.
- Encourage drinkers to eat hearty to avoid drinking on an empty stomach.
- Bring out coffee and a final dessert or snack to let guests wind down before heading home.
- Provide plenty of alternative nonalcoholic beverages. Drinkers can slow down their intake.
Other precautionary measures…
- Keep candles a safe distance from drapes, paper decorations and other flammables.
- Prepare emergency plans for escaping fire.
- Keep your home entrance well lit and paths clear to avoid falls.
Are the liability limits high enough to protect your family’s financial well-being and way of life if a claim is made against you? Contact your local agent to review your coverages and options.
New Years Eve is one of the most dangerous holidays of the year due to the increase in drunk driving. Put as much thoughtfulness into safety concerns as you do planning the party, and your holiday festivities are remembered for the pleasure, not the pain. Be a responsible host!
FINGER LAKES WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY A HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2015!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU IN THE COMING YEAR.