Just like your home, your identifying information and accounts can always benefit from a thorough once-over Spring cleaning.
- Documents – Now is a good time to destroy or secure old paperwork, especially if your taxes already have been filed. File or shred receipts, bank statements, medical or health insurance statements. Invest in a quality shredder.
- Passwords – Change passwords on your online accounts. It’s a good idea to do this from time to time to stay one step ahead of hackers and identity thieves.
- Technology – Clean all computing devices, including tablets and smartphones, and make sure that any software protections are functioning and up-to-date. That means installing and updating antivirus and antimalware software and renewing security subscriptions. Log out of mobile apps for online banking after each use.
- Credit – Order a free copy of your credit report. And beware of some companies that require a subscription or credit card to do what you’re entitled to do for free.
- Protection – Add Identity Fraud protection to your policy and get a FREE RFID blocking wallet! Contact your Agent for details.
With a little effort now, you can stay on top of your information and safeguard it, letting you spend the rest of your time worrying about how you’re going to relax once warm weather finally arrives.