Good Maintenance practices help protect the value of your home. Spring and summer are an ideal time to assess damage from the winter and make necessary repairs to prepare for months ahead.
- Inspect roof for damage (cracking or leaking)
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Monitor basement humidity. Use a dehumidifier to maintain a safe, relative humidity.
- Open valves to outside hose connections.
- Clean/replace air filters every 2 months.
- Vacuum clothes dryer lint from duct.
- Position BBQ 3 feet away from home or other structures.
- Use surge protectors for valuable electronics to protect them from summer lightning storms.
View our Mechanical Breakdown Coverage to give you further protection in your home.