With Christmas and New Year’s right around the corner many people are getting ready for their annual holiday parties. However, hosts need to take steps to limit their liability before the party begins.
- Provide plenty of outdoor lighting so guests see the walk-ways.
- Keep pathways and steps clear of snow/ice to prevent falling.
- Never leave cooking food unattended on the stove or outside grill.
- Encourage guests to pick a designated driver who will refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Have non-alcoholic beverages available.
- Be a responsible host/hostess. Limit your own alcohol intake so that you will be better able to judge your guests’ sobriety.
- Whether you are hanging out with a small group of friends for cocktails or throwing a big family bash, remember that a good host is a responsible host, and needs to take steps to ensure their guests' safety.
Have a wonderful and safe holiday season!