The holiday season is here! No matter if you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or all three, you should always make it a safe celebration.
Here’s a few tips while decorating your home and yard this season.
• If buying an artificial tree, look for the label “Fire Resistant.” Fire-resistant trees are less susceptible to catching fire.
• If purchasing a live tree, keep the stand filled with water by refilling daily.
• Place your tree at least 3 feet away from all heat sources, including fireplaces, radiators, and space heaters.
• Do not use “Indoor” lights outside.
• Check each set of lights for broken or cracked sockets, frayed or bare wires, or loose connections.
• Avoid artificial snow sprays as they can irritate lungs if inhaled.
• Poinsettias are poisonous when eaten, so keep them out of reach of kids and pets.
We wish everyone a Safe and Happy Holiday!