When you see "small" things around your property, address them as soon as you can. Do a “walk-through” of your property, inside and out!
- Inspect the attic or crawl space areas.
- Look for wear on the seals around the windows and doors.
- How is the roof looking?
- Any visible cracks in the siding?
- Clear the dryer exhaust vent of debris.
- Check the refrigerator coils at least annually.
- Test the smoke and carbon-monoxide detectors twice a year, replacing the batteries each time.
- Have your HVAC system serviced annually.
When your home is your biggest investment, as it is for most Americans, maintaining it is a must. Don't hesitate to get out the tools or call a professional if needed. Keep on top of the small stuff, so you do not get any “unexpected” surprises